Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Summer Summer Summer!

I love summer because it makes me feel like a kid again. I get excited when school is over for the little one. I have all of these great ideas and plans for fun family activities around town. And then it only takes a bout a week to realize that summer is hard. . .harder than the school year to keep the DS entertained. Ugh!

We want relaxation time, but not too much sitting around doing nothing (i.e. watching tv). We want outdoor time, but not too much sun. More juggling and less structure. More temper tantrums (2 out of 3 in my household), less to bed on-time.

We love the summer holidays - Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day. We look forward to Memorial Day as the weekend that the pools open around here. July 4th is our favorite holiday. But as DH says, once it gets here you know that summer is almost halfway over. groan.

Well, off to enjoy another summer day!

No comments: