Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer



We have been having so much fun this summer. Especially over the 4th of July. That is our favorite holiday!

There are several memories and traditions that we have had over the years. Some of my favorites included the sailing trips that my family used to take over the 4th. We usually went somewhere up or down the Chesapeake Bay and stayed on the boat. I miss sleeping on a sailboat and going to sleep hearing the clank clank of the halyard on the mast. I miss the music playing in the cockpit - usually patriotic songs or Nat King Cole with his "Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer."

I am a grown-up, but I still yearn for summer like when I was a kid and had it off from school. We are having difficulty with being out of our schoolyear routine. Next, we need to find some activities that incorporate exercise and adventure. I got a book on children's activities around town and plan to start tomorrow!

2 comments:

Ab said...

I miss sailing (and sleeping) on our boat too! I can't wait until LC's a little older so that we can take her sailing too!

Amanda said...

What a pretty shot:) Please let me know if you find any activities that he likes! I may piggyback on some of them.