Wednesday, July 2, 2008

One Berry, Two Berry, Pick Me a blueberry!*


Time to pick the blueberries! I feel like I am saying "time to cook the donuts" - like that old commercial.

Anyway, I am excited because it is time to pick the blueberries. This is one of our favorite fruits and oh so yummy! A friend of mine had them growing in his parent's yard and so I asked his mother for some of their favorite recipes. She shared and I am so honored. They are great and treasured as some of their family recipes.

I am such a TYPE A when it comes to certain things. I keep lists and lists of certain things like books I have read or want to read. And recipes. I have several binders of recipes. Recipes I have tried. Family favorite recipes. And seasonal recipes. So for "Pick-Your-Own" fruit, I have a separate list of recipes for the different fruits. We usually pick strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and apples every year. I can't wait to look at my blueberry recipes and plan what to make.


*from the book "Jamberry" - one of my favorites.

2 comments:

Ab said...

You'll definitely have to share your recipes! I also love blueberries (even more since I can actually eat them), and so does Lydie!

Amanda said...

where are you going to pick berries? Please pass some recipes on to me, I need all the help I can get. Griff loves blueberries so I need to take him.